Thursday, August 18, 2011

Empire Avenue

   I first read about Empire Avenue in a news article on CNN.com a couple of days ago, and I thought that it was a neat idea. Here is this game that will actually track how effective you are at social networking and give you a score on it in the form of a stock price. You also get some cash to invest in others. With a refined site that is easy to jump into, I am shocked that I haven't read about it before now.
  So, of course I go to try it out. I find it was in fact easy to learn the basics of the system. And now I am hooked. I am the type of person that loves games and I love to win. But more important than winning itself is the game. I love playing and seeing if I can get better at it over time to master it. Here is where it can get interesting for me and what I want to do in the future as well with my writing.
  This game that I am now playing will track how well I am social networking. I can use that a a tool to determine whether I am being effective or not out here on the internet. I always felt that social networking was going to be how I got my writing out into the world and more people reading it. The better I am at the game, the better the odds are that my writing will be read and hopefully liked.
  So I will give it a shot. Who knows, maybe this could be the start of something wonderful and fun at the same time. Oh, and if you are interested in checking it out, just head here: http://empireavenue.com/?t=hydp9pvk I hope you have fun and I hope to buy your shares up!

No comments:

Post a Comment